Celebrating the Rugby World Cup 2019 T-Shirt
The 2019 Rugby World Cup was the ninth edition of the Rugby World Cup. It was hosted in Japan and it was the first time that the tournament had taken place in Asia and outside the traditional Tier 1 rugby nations. South Africa beat England 32−12 in the final to claim their third title fulfilling their unerring habit of winning World Cups every 12 years. They have done so again, following up their triumphs of 1995 and 2007 with another prodigious display of power and might.
This World Cup will be remembered also for South Africa’s first black captain, Siya Kolisi.
This is an inspirational story of Kolisi, the sport-loving boy from the slums who has conquered the world.
Kolisi has always been conscious of his role in the shifting discourse around the Springbok emblem.
“Sport has the power to change the world” Mandela once said.
Below are some links to the news related to our Celebrating the Rugby World Cup 2019 t-shirt:
- Wikipedia – 2019 Rugby World Cup
- BBC – Rugby World Cup 2019: Memorable moments from Japan
- Dailymail – A whole lotta love for Kolisi: South Africa’s first black captain knows victory in Rugby World Cup final would help unite a nation
- Edition – Why South Africa’s Rugby World Cup victory means so much more
- Theguardian – Rugby World Cup: South Africa surge to glory as England fall short
We hope you like our project!
Now it’s your time.
Buy our T-Shirt and wear it on!